Spring rolls with peanut butter marinated tofu
Honey (or agave)
A delicious recipe that is again delicious with a wide variety of vegetables! When using cucumber, it is only in season from July to august, but by replacing this with spinach or lettuce, the recipe is in season from March until October. We love this recipe and although the sauce is quite greasy, it is light and can be used as dinner or lunch!
1. Mix one teaspoon of ginger, garlic and curcuma (or turmeric) with two teaspoons of peanut butter and 100 ml of coconut milk. Cut the tofu into pieces that are 5 cm long and 0,5 cm thick and let it marinate in the mixture for 15 minutes.
2. Make the dip for your spring rolls by mixing a teaspoon of ginger and garlic and two tablespoons of soy sauce and sesame oil. You can add sesame seeds and honey (or agave syrup) for flavor.
3. Cut up the vegetables into thin slices.
4. Bake the tofu in a pan until crispy and cook the rice.
5. Soak the rice paper in hot water and place it on a plate. Make two lines of filling, using the tofu, the rice and the vegetables. You can use the leftover marinade for flavor. and start rolling your rice paper. We suggest to look up a tutorial, as rolling is not as easy as it seems!
6. Serve with the soy sauce, enjoy!
Global Warming Potential
% compared to an average meal