Summer vibes incoming with this plant-based paella! It tastes very fresh, but will leave you with a full feeling because of the rice and the chickpeas. Ideal for larger families or meal prepping as well! We used. curcuma in stead of saffron (because it is hard to find, but also because of the price) and we can definitely say that it was as good as a true Spanish paella!
1. Place the chickpeas on a platter and add the paprika, garlic powder and cumin powder. Roast for 20 minutes.
2. Cut the onion, garlic and the bell pepper. Glaze them in a skillet and add the saffron or curcuma.
3. Add the rice and roast it in the skillet for about two minutes. Add the vegetable broth and juice of half the lemon.
4. Let the rice boil for about 20 minutes. You might need to add some additional water. Cut the tomatoes and the artichoke hearts in the mean time.
5. Add the tomatoes and artichoke hearts. You can add some parsley, frozen peas or olives as well. Serve with the chickpeas and a lemon slice. Enjoy!
Global Warming Potential
% compared to an average meal