Chili Sin Carne
Salt & Pepper
A guilty pleasure this dish! Ideal for a Friday evening when you invite your friends over. You can personalize it by adding more or less vegetables, making extra sauces or eating it pure and by adding a small side salad. Anyway, we just know you will enjoy this sustainable spin on the original chili con carne!
! Don't forget to soak the beans if you bought them in bulk !
1. Boil or steam the rice (the rice is optional!).
2. Cut the onion, bell pepper and tomatoes. Glaze the onion in a skillet and add a teaspoon of all spices. Drain the tomatoes such that your sauce doesn't become too moist.
3. Add the bell pepper, lentils, black beans and tomatoes. Let simmer for half an hour. In the mean time, you can make an additional guacamole by mixing the avocado, lemon juice of half a lemon and one teaspoon of garlic powder, cumin powder and paprika.
4. Finish the chili by adding lemon juice, maize and cilantro.
5. Serve the chili with rice, tortilla chips and guacamole. Optional: you can make a sauce based on soy yoghurt and lemon to make the dish more fresh. Enjoy!
Global Warming Potential
% compared to an average meal